Blight Tower - NOW WITH FEWER BUGS!
I’ve spent the last few days fixing various bugs in Blight Tower. This update is focused purely on eliminating bugs to refine and smooth out overall gameplay. No new features have been added. There are probably some things I missed, but a lot of the low hanging fruit has been addressed.
- Capsules now appropriately change color to reflect team affiliation (Tower owned == red, Player owned == blue).
- Rocket explosions do the same thing now. This doesn’t affect gameplay, but it looks cool.
- Capsule AI has been improved (they won’t accidentally fire on and kill their other capsule brethren).
- The player will no longer run into their own rockets while running forward.
- The Tower Wave now flips capsules and outposts correctly.
- Outpost capture bar is easier to see.
- Outpost capture area is larger.
- Capsules won’t spawn while the player is inside an outpost. This prevents capsules from spawning inside the player.
- Player move code has been refactored, and is no longer tied to Update(), thus resulting in consistent move speed across different machines.
- Added audio feedback when the player is hurt.
- Reduced outpost capture time from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Rockets have a constant speed and no longer accelerate from an initial, stationary position.
- Reduced rocket damage from 20 to 10.
- The tower now passively recovers health.
- Rocket lifespan has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Tower wave attack frequency has been increased from 60 seconds to 70 seconds.
- Rockets now have a smaller collider.
- The player now has a smaller collider.
- Increased Tower health from 2000 to 4000.
- Health pickups now have a larger collider, making it easier to pick them up.
- Sometimes the first capsule spawned will attack the player. This happens rarely. Still tracking this one down.
- Capsules attacking the tower during the Tower’s Wave attack will still attack the tower. Also tracking this down. Enjoy the extra help, for now ;)
- Destroying the Blight Tower doesn’t actually destroy the Blight Tower. Doesn’t affect gameplay or the win/lose conditions, so this is in my backlog.
Get Blight Tower
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.